9.11.2010

Classic Cardi, Vintage Embellishment

As I always say, I have to give credit where credit is due...It was my Mom who tipped me off to this cardigan via a tip she received from a friend.  Love the combo of classic and vintage.

Embellished Vintage Cardigan
$59.50 at Gap

What I Like:  Two of my favorite things are cardigans and embellishments.  If you can get both in 1 piece...heaven.  I am always a sucker for anything unexpected a la the subtle shoulder detail.  The embellishment is just enough detail without going overboard.  If you are someone who has hesitated with ornamentation in the past, this is embellishment for beginners at its best.  The ability to wear this cardigan casual, professional and dressy is the perfect fashion trifecta.

What I Wear It With:  Again, this cardigan can do it all.  It is a perfect compliment to the professional wardrobe with a cami and black pants or skirt.  It can go just as easily over a black dress for Saturday nights as it can with a pair of jeans and boots for running errands.  If you really want to send me into a tailspin, belt the cardigan at the waist with the Limited skinny belt featured below.

Word on the street is the cardigan is a little roomy.  This cardigan is selling quickly out of stores but pay attention to gap.com as they usually do promos and have more inventory.

No comments: