10.19.2010

Dramatic Ruffled Sweater

I get more compliments on this sweater than any other new piece of clothing I added to my wardrobe this Fall.  To be honest, I know why.  It's amazing.

Side Ruffle V-Neck Sweater
$49.90 at The Limited and thelimited.com
To Buy

What I Like:  When the CC Crew hit the mall a few weeks ago, two out of the three of us bought this sweater because we could not get over the value.  It is a lot of sweater for less than $50.  First of all, the ruffle is nice and full.  It does not look cheap or hang weird in real life.  Also, for being merino wool, the fabric is soft and even for people who have sensitive skin like myself, it does not itch.  The v-neck is flattering and feminine.  But watch out!  It is cut a little low, so it is perfect if you want to be a little risque.  Opt for a cami underneath in a professional environment or if you are more busty.  Luckily The Limited sells camis dyed with the same color to match perfectly.

What I Wear It With:  Like most everything I buy, I want most of my tops to work back to black pants as well as denim.  Such is the case with this sweater.  The sweater is more fitted than it looks in the picture so I recommend pairing it back to a more full bottom.  It is a great top for when you want to look polished but not necessarily dressed-up.  Looking forward to the holidays...this sweater is a great option for Thanksgiving and holiday parties.  Stick with just earrings for jewelry because the ruffle is enough drama for one neckline.

Believe me, you will get quite a few compliments.  I always think a sign of a good CC find is when I wear something to work and people try to guess the much more expensive designer as they did with this sweater.

CC Tip:  On the hanger this sweater looks a lot bigger than it really is when on the body.  Stick with your usual size.  This could be a sweater you own in multiple colors i.e. I think I am going back for the black.   

No comments: