11.11.2010

Veteran's Day Chic

I remember seeing this picture of Hilary Duff this summer and thinking her scarf was so cool.  I found myself particularly drawn to this scarf because the camouflage pattern is more abstract and not your typical camo.  However, the price tag of $175 clearly was not in my CC comfort zone.

Tolani Wool Crepe Scarf With Suede Fringe
$175 at shopthetrendboutique.com To Buy

Of course my CC instinct kicked in and I became determined to find a suitable alternative.  Earlier this Fall, as luck would have it, when at the Mother Ship (Mall of America) I found a similar scarf at Forever 21.

Lame Camo Scarf $8.80 at forever21.com To Buy

There are two things I really like about this scarf.  First, like the more expensive version above, the camouflage is more abstract and subtle.  Second, the mixture of colors includes black, grey, ivory and gold so it coordinates with a lot in my closet.  If I had to mention a few other things I like I would say it is cozy for wearing with outerwear, is nice and long and above all else, a bargain!

Happy Veteran's Day!


No comments: