12.09.2010

Here Is What I Am Obsessed With This Holiday Season

My mission here....embrace the spirit of the season...spread the joy!

Here Is What I Am Obsessed With This Holiday Season

1.  Dunkin' Donuts Gingerbread Coffee


I am proud to say I have successfully weened myself off of a strictly Starbucks diet and can head back to the land of the Double D.  And boy was my timing right.  I love their holiday-inspired gingerbread flavored coffee.  And I don't even like gingerbread!  The perfect afternoon treat after a day of running around or a cozy way to start your day.  It makes your heart warm for around $2.

2.   Orange Spice Anti-Bacterial Hand Soap From Bath and Body Works


Orange Spice Anti-Bacterial Hand Soap
$5.00 each or 4/$15 at Bath & Body Works To Buy

As you know, I have already shared my annual tradition of converting all of my hand soaps to holiday scents circa mid-November.  When I bought Orange Spice, I had no idea what a delight I was in store for...every trip to the bathroom is a treat.  Listen to this profile:  a sparkling blend of Italian mandarin (amazing), cinnamon, glove, cedar stick (a personal fave), honey, coconut milk and olive fruit.  Yum.  I might start wearing it as perfume.  It is is borderline weird how much I love this soap.

3.  100 Best Cookies Magazine



100 Best Cookies magazine $5.99
by Better Homes and Gardens Publications
Available anywhere you buy magazines
(mine came from Barnes and Noble)


Although I love to cook, I am not the best baker.  There is something about following directions I am not so hot with.  I bought this magazine because of the many sweet and salty recipes included.  So far I am 2 for 2 with delicious cookies turning out edible.  I have baked Chocolate-Dipped Butterscotch Logs and "Holiday Crispies" which are butter cookies with candied cherries, chocolate chips and...potato chips.   Still up:  Peppermint Whoopie Pies, Sweet and Salty Almond-Chocolate Chippers and Banana Bars with Butter-Rum Frosting.  This is a nice little pick-up if you are looking to shake things up at the annual cookie exchange or have a big time baker in your life.

4.  Electric Reindeer Wine


Electric Reindeer Wine
Exclusive to Cost Plus World Market


So obviously you can tell I have a very sophisticated palette.  I mean $4 to $5 for a bottle of wine with a reindeer on the label?  I am pretty sure it doesn't get any more classy than the Electric Reindeer.  It actually tastes pretty good and the price tag of the wine is not relative to the taste.  Similar to another fine wine, the Two Buck Chuck, if you will.  So don't be embarrassed to bring the Electric Reindeer to a holiday get-together, or in my case, drink in front of your dog.  I like the Merlot and Chardonnay best.  

5.  China Glaze "Party Hearty" Nail Polish



China Glaze "Party Hearty" Nail Polish
$7.00 at Ulta

Shown below over green nail polish


If you can't be a little gaudy during the holidays, when can you?  And when everyone has had a little Electric Reindeer, your nail polish will be a big hit!  Not daring enough (some might say tasteful), try on your toes.  Who cares?  It's the holidays and they are supposed to be fun.  You have 11 other months for a boring manicure.

Just five obsessions that have helped my make my season more merry and bright!

No comments: