4.29.2011

CC Goes Royal

I know.  It is everywhere and maybe this was your safe haven when everywhere else is Royal Wedding obsessed.  However, after staying basically uninterested up until today, I have to admit I was very moved and impressed with Kate Middleton this morning.  Her poise and grace made me teary.

Fine.  It was also her gown and tiara.

William and Kate Union Jack Throw Pillow
$149 at Amazon.com To Buy

For one, her dress by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen was breathtaking; a refreshing return to classic, modern elegance so often overlooked for envelope pushing fashion.  Also a touching nod to Britain's iconic designer who tragically passed last year.   She just seems like such a class act.




But don't let Kate steal the show, the belts on Prince William and Harry's uniforms are the show-stopping statement accessory.  I mean bows and knots?  How do we get a CC version of this?




I have to hand it to Princess Beatrice of York.  I love her outfit.  The blush ensemble with silk pleated skirt and crocheted topper is to die for.  I should have known it was by Valentino!  Not to mention that hat by Philip Treacy is what everyone is talking about.


All morning long I wished I had ordered these mugs to sip my coffee from:

King's Road Redux from Rosanna, Inc.
Currently Out of Stock To Buy

Okay now that I got that out of my system...back to our normally scheduled program.

No comments: