4.14.2011

CC Stands For Cool Cat

Who is this CC Cool Cat?



Okay...if you can read then you may have guessed it is Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls as it clearly indicates on the cover of the magazine.

And not just any magazine but the cover of  the ESPN Style Report.  I did a double take when I walked past my local newsstand because I don't think I have ever seen D.Rose in anything besides a uniform or sweats.  Sadly, this issue is no longer for sale but below are most of his shots.  (Get it?  Like a basketball player takes shots?  When will this CC cleverness stop?!?) 


So you might be asking why Derrick Rose is considered CC?  Well for starters, he is wearing Balmain and has a statement rose pinned to a black blazer.  Not to mention a fabulous black leather jacket with white jeans.  I mean wouldn't we all wear that?

And swagger for days.


But more important he works his butt off and stays humble despite everyone from the President to Michael Jordan singing his praises.  I hope this CC coverage does not go to his head.  Plus he said something that really resonated with me today.

When asked why so late in the season having already clinched the #1 spot in the playoffs and most likely the best record in the NBA he still continued to try so hard, he said, "My heart won't let me stop."*


So Derrick Rose when you are done picking-up your MVP trophy if you want to swing by and pick-up your honorary title as CC's first Cool Cat, let me know.  I think the prize will be a fab belt.

Sorry to go all sporty on you today but I know a lot of you are sports fans as well as fashion fans.

And my Dad reads every word of this blog so I thought I would include something he might legitimately be interested in.

For my brother, a CC contributor, a style icon of his and all cool golfers...Ian Poulter featured in the same mag.


*My previous favorite quote was from Dwayne Wade, "Don't worry about me.  I can get hot."

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Swoon! For both men.