4.20.2011

Champagne Celebration Interruption

I would now like to interrupt this champagne celebration to alert you to a highly important fashion announcement.

JC Penney is a dress hot spot.


This whole People StyleWatch and JCP partnership has had me intrigued especially after the most recent issue featured a colorful beaded necklace that I thought would be fun for summer.  Unfortunately the necklace is not available.  Unwilling to let a trip go up in flames we wandered into the adjacent dress section and were totally impressed with the stylish selection.

nicole by Nicole Miller Print Shift Dress
$60 $30 at JCP -- no longer available online

First things first.  I love print and I love jersey but I also recognize this dress may not be everyone's cup o'tea.  But it is mine.  The print runs in such a way that it makes you look skinny and the colors I love are all there: black, brown, teal and coral.  The reason I have an affection for jersey is that it is seasonless.  Tights or no tights, this dress will always feel appropriate.  No need for accessories because the dress on its own is a star.  And I am sure you already have shoes in your closet so no added expense there.  An entire outfit for $30?  Done.  Especially because the Nicole Miller version of this dress is over $400.  The Pucci version from which all print shift dresses originate...a mere $1,395.  I will take JCP for $35, please.

Allen B. Polka Dot One Shoulder Ruffle Dress
$70 $35 at JCP -- no longer available online

Truly I cannot recall a time when a dress fit me so well.  And even though it felt made for me, I think it would work for all shapes, sizes and body types.  This dress is equal parts cute, sassy, modern and classic.  Perfect for a warm weather wedding or with tights and a blazer at the office?  Did I mention an upcoming night out in NOLA?  One detail you cannot see is that the polka dots are actually yellow which I think make the dress more playful.  If you have an incredible memory, you may recall this dress was heavily publicized during the Oscars.  I think it sold out and now they have restocked because they seemed to have quite a few in stock.  Don' wait too long though!

Scoop Neck Print Sundress
$60 $30 at JCP To Buy 

Unfortunately a lot of the dresses I tried on at the store and thought were cute are not available online so I can't fully express their beauty.  I know how hard it is to find a cute dress, at a good price, that fits well.  Basically impossible.  And trust me when I say JC Penney is the last place I thought I would find not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 dresses that I would purchase in a heart beat.  But I am thrilled with my purchases and to be pleasantly surprised.

So if you need a dress this weekend or for later on in the season, give JCP a try.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Champagne Celebration.

CC Tip:  Other inexpensive dresses tend to run short.  I was impressed with these dresses for the quality at an inexpensive price point and their longer hem.  Plus money left over to accessorize!

No comments: