4.10.2011

Marc Is A Tween

Marc by Marc Jacobs 10th Anniversary Tee
$107.25 at My-Wardrobe.com To Buy

Marc by Marc Jacobs is 10 years old!  Hard to believe the guy went from this to this and is now one of the most influential men in style.  Currently he is the creative force behind The Marc Jacobs Collection, Marc by Marc Jacobs and Creative Director for Louis Vuitton.  And just about every celebrity's BFF including RZ and Victoria Beckham.


When I think of Marc by Marc Jacobs, two words come to mind: geek chic.  Every piece is just a little unconventional and has a slight nerdiness to it...but in a cool way?  It is as if every piece could have come from some resale shop but with better tailoring and design.  Every outfit is begging for a pair of black nerdy glasses but instead of looking like a dork you look hip.

Seth Wenig / Associated Pres via The New York Times
(That pink dress is one of my favorite dresses of all time...and you know I love neon yellow)

Some of my all-time favorite basics are Marc by Marc Jacobs including these jeggings as previously documented.



Marc by Marc Jacobs Mid-Rise Legging Style Jean
$230 at Net-a-Porter.com To Buy

Don't be fooled...Marc by Marc Jacobs is anything but basic; popular for retro styles in funky color combos and cheeky accessories that are fun and playful.  Geek chic meets lady-like eclectic for the woman who does not take herself too seriously and likes not being a cookie cutter.  Marc is fun and so is the woman he dresses.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Striped Maxi Dress
$833 at farfetch.com To Buy


Marc by Marc Jacobs Dee Dee Sequined Bolero
$500 at Net-a-Porter.com To Buy


L to R:  Bow Enamel Stud Earring $48 To Buy
Zip It Stud Earrings $58 To Buy
Both at Net-a-Porter.com


Marc by Marc Jacobs Canteen Cross-Body Bag
$150 at Net-a-Porter.com  To Buy

I love Marc by Marc for all the above reasons but I cannot deny one of the main reasons I often find myself investing in this collection: the fit.  The fit is generous for a Contemporary line and in some cases I have to size down which is always a win.  Plus he does a lot of knits and that is always okay by me.

And at the end of the day who can resist a designer who claims the following, "Like, Britney and Paris and Pamela might be someone’s definition of sexy, but they’re not mine. My clothes are not hot. Never. Never." Thank you Marc.  We heart you for it.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Roxy Rose Print Dress
From the 10th Anniversary Collection
$328 at Shopbop.com To Buy

So thank you Marc for making clothes that are not hot, comfortable, fun and make me feel better about myself.  I will take 10 more years of that.  You can be CC's BFF too.

CC Tip:  Get involved with the 10th Anniversary collection.  Each piece is very wearable and fun.  Keep an eye on them until you find a piece in your budget because you will wear it tons.

No comments: