4.01.2011

Stripe City

For someone who claims to not like nautical stripes...I sure have bought quite a few items this season.

What gives?  Anyway, I have become frustrated with my local Forever21 because it seems to never have any of the cute stuff I see online thus resulting in me making a minimum online purchase of $50 or more to get free shipping.

I always hesitate to reveal what I ordered ahead of time because often times half the bag goes back.  This time I went 6 for 6 and am now bummed only 3 of the items are still in-stock to share with you all.

Cut Sea Shell Necklace
$9.80 at Forever21 To Buy

I love shell jewelry because it makes me feel so tropical despite most likely I am sitting in an air conditioned office with no windows and definitely no ocean view.  The sound of the shells clanking against one another transports me to the beach and gives me a sense of hope.  I am not sure how I am going to style this necklace but I am glad I have it sitting in my jewelry collection ready to go.

Striped Ruffle Front Tunic
$10.80 at Forever21 To Buy

In warm weather I live in easy tops that are comfortable and hopefully stylish.  This top meets those criteria but can be worn now with skinny pants and a blazer, cardigan or denim jacket.  I like the drawstring waist because you can adjust the volume of the tank for different looks.  The ruffle also adds a nice detail classing it up a bit from a basic tee.  It's just easy and versatile for around $11.

Striped Racerback Tank Dress
$13.50 at Forever21 To Buy

I have a love/hate relationship with maxi dresses.  I love them but they don't look great on me...too short.  I don't know what possessed me to give this one a try.  Fine.  I do.  The price...it's $13.50.  I am glad I did because I really like it and it is long enough.  I might not even have to wear flats...perhaps my LC sandals?  I love maxi dresses with blazers and think I can even belt it with a skinny brown braided belt.  Now I will most likely go on a Forever21 maxi dress bender.

Going forward I may share what I order before I receive it and let people decide at their own risk.  I have 2 homeruns that will not make it to press unless they come back in stock.

CC Tip:  Necklace: Pay attention to the necklace lengths in the item description to avoid any unforeseen awkward chokers (13.5") Tunic:  This top runs big.  I sized down.  Tank Dress:  Same for this dress and all Forever21 maxi dresses in general.

No comments: