5.11.2011

My New Favorite Skirts

A staple of my summer wardrobe is the print pencil skirt.  The pencil skirt is always a smart choice because of its universally flattering fit.  When in a print it feels more fun and playful; perfectly appropriate for warm weather days and nights.  Easily dressed up or down your print pencil skirt is a simple way to add style to your wardrobe.

Here are two skirts that have caught my eye while window shopping:

Spectrum Skirt
$118 at Ann Taylor
(currently sold out online)

When it comes to a tasteful and stylish skirt no one does it better than the folks at Ann Taylor.  I was surprised to see a skirt in their window featuring such bright colors as neon yellow and coral.  With such a spectrum of colors, there are so many options for fun jewelry and colorful footwear when paired with a white blouse or tank.  Clearly I am not the only one who feels this way...it is sold out online.  I will be watching for when it goes on sale and cross my fingers that my size is still available.

Ackee Pencil Skirt
$69.95 at Anthropologie To Buy

I have been passing by this baby in the window at Anthropologie for about a month now.  I was drawn to the bold red tie-dye checked pattern; a print that feels fun and casual in a polished silhouette.  I envision this skirt with my black cotton blazer, tank top and strappy sandals as a work outfit.  Then leaving the jacket at the office for an evening out just with the tank and sandals.  For a more casual option, Anthropologie styled with a denim jacket and t-shirt.

While it is easy to stick to a pencil skirt in a basic color and let your summer tops be the star, try the reverse and see your style soar.  I bet your print pencil skirt will be a fave of yours as well.


1 comment:

Gayle said...

I have had my eye on the Ackee skirt as well - great minds think alike! It does run a bit small.