6.30.2011

CC Crew Creations: Gym Shoes Done Right

So I have a new crush...the neon yellow gym shoes of CCS that came with us to New Orleans!

Truth.  I was jealous of them for 4 days and feel like if I had to wear gym shoes with a dress, CCS' shoes would have been a far superior (and more fashionable) option.

And while I do not have a pic of her exact shoes, I will use these as a placeholder for color's sake.

New Balance Classics
$52 at Zappos.com To Buy

The reality is when traveling, especially if it involves sight-seeing, walking tours, shopping and in some really odd cases, exercise, bringing your gym shoes along may be a necessity.  This is why I think it is important to bring a cute pair just like CCS did.  If your gym shoes are fun, clean and cool, they can actually make your sporty outfit stylish.

adidas adiZero Aegis 2 Running Shoe
$99.99 at Dick's Sporting Goods To Buy
(these are the ones I like that can be neon friends with CCS' shoes)

Such was the case with CCS.  While she was running around New Orleans, both literally and figuratively, she let her neon yellow tennies be part of her fashionable ensemble.  Paired with cotton basics and denim cut-offs, neon yellow gym shoes are fashionable and functional.  You can even take it to a dress as long as that dress is cotton-based and sporty in its design.

Cotton Spandex Jersey Long Sleeve Criss-Cross Dress
$36 at American Apparel To Buy

Since we were roomies, it would have been real easy for me to stick those shoes in my suitcase, but sadly, my feet are 2 sizes bigger than the dainty feet of CCS.

So through the teachings of CCS, I too, one day will master the gym shoe and appropriate outfit look.

                CC Crew Creations: Gym Shoes Done Right

Items included in set: Layered dress $20, Old Navy short sleeve shirt $13, Old Navy distressed shorts $23, Anne Klein nylon hosiery $7.95, Forever21 clutch bag $23, Betsey Johnson green jewelry $24, Forever21 round sunglasses $5.80, Jennifer Ouellette headbands hair accessory $19, New Balance Classics WL773 Yellow $65

CCS Safety Tip:  Always wear a bike helmet...seriously!


No comments: