6.06.2011

Printed Peasant Blouse

I feel like I never write about tops so this should be quite the treat.

A few months ago Matthew Williamson did a capsule collection for Macy's that captured his commitment to spirited prints, boho influences and feminine silhouettes.

Why is this of note to a CC?  Because Williamson is BFFs with Sienna Miller and one of the designers responsible for her fashion icon status.  In reflecting, I have to say I miss Sienna on the fashion scene because she is so adorable.





(You know what I love most about Sienna Miller?  Her hair...I want it.)

And who can forget this Blake Lively number from Fall?


All Matthew Williamson.  As was this dress from Macy's that while I loved, and almost bought, I had to do an honest assessment with myself.  I decided while I love this dress, and would even consider it as the CC mascot, I have no place to wear it...and I mean no place.  I couldn't even invent a place.

Matthew Williamson Printed Maxi Dress
No longer available online

What my fashion conscious and I agreed upon as a happy medium is this printed peasant blouse in the same fabric.  The peasant blouse is more practical for my lifestyle and an easy wearable piece.  And now that it is on sale? 

Get into my closet.

Matthew Williamson Printed Peasant Blouse
$39.99 at Macy's To Buy

The perfect CC piece because you are getting fashion and function at an affordable price.  A blouse in a synthetic fabric in a mixed neutral print allows for 4-season wear and works with most the bottoms already in your closet.  Besides my jeans, skinny black pants and black knit skirt, I have the perfect grey skinny cargos waiting to meet this blouse.  With this type of versatility, of course you can dress the blouse up or down mainly with your accessories. 

So Matthew and Sienna, I can totally fit in with my new blouse if you ever want CC to hang in London Town.



Matthew Williamson Tunic


Items included in set: Matthew Williamson scoop neck blouse $40, GAP denim jeans $35, Express Black skirt $60, Forever21 round toe pumps $25, BCBGeneration flat thong sandals $39, K Amato 18 karat gold ring $30, Old Navy post earrings $5, Juicy Couture post earrings $68, Forever21 oversized sunglasses $5.80, Old Navy round sunglasses $9.50

No comments: