7.12.2011

Piperlime Pre-Fall Shoe Event

Does the phrase "Pre-Fall" invoke panic and fear in you as it does me?

Like me, you are probably thinking, "Wait...didn't summer just get here and we are already thinking Fall?"

Well, if you have been out shopping recently, then you may have realized the answer is yes.

Mid-July officially begins the introduction of Fall fashion.  To stimulate buying, many retailers offer discounted prices to move merchandise early and get people into stores looking at other full-price merchandise.  Only problem?  It is still 40 degress too warm to wear anything you buy.


Normally I avoid pre-Fall sales because I have learned I would rather wait until the actual season arrives to assess my taste and needs.  Truthfully, when Fall hits I want new things and not the stuff that has been sitting in my closet for 3 months.  Last, most of the merchandise you see on sale during pre-Fall events will be even less expensive come October because it will be marked down.

The only exception is "basics" where you can sometimes pick-up a deal on something that rarely gets marked-down.  Enter the Piperlime Pre-Fall Shoe Event.  For the next 2 days, Piperlime will be offering discounts on a handful of Fall shoes.

Below I picked a sampling of shoes I feel represent a snapshot of Fall footwear trends: flats, animal print and booties with wedge heels.  All pairs are $100 or less.

And for those of you who think I feature shoes you would never wear because it is all platforms and 4" heels, note 2 of the pairs shown are from Aerosoles!  Comfy and cute!

Piperlime Pre-Fall Shoe Event



1.  Bectify by Aersoles $49 Chanel-inspired comfort
2.  Tatum by Coconuts $39 $39 for pony hair?  Insane.
3.  Koko by DV by Dolce Vita $55 The loafer is Fall's hot flat
4.  Plum Tree by Aersoles $59 My #1 pick.  Patent, Animal print and comfort
5.  Neila by Calvin Klein $79 Zebra is more versatile than leopard print
6.  Janelle by DV by Dolce Vita $99 Dying for this bootie.  3 shoes in 1. Kitten heel!
7.  Map It To Me by Unlisted by Kenneth Cole $39  Brown and black mixing will be big
8.  Tobago by Hive & Honey $79 Versatile pick for dresses and leggings
9.  At Once by Chinese Laundry $69 Taupe is Fall's hot footwear color

No comments: