7.15.2011

Tribal-Inspired: Denim Cut-offs and Tee

To me, summer fashion should be easy.  More specifically this means starting with two basic pieces: denim cut-offs and a nicer knit top.  From there your accessory possibilities are endless.

I suggest starting with one pop piece as your inspiration:

Southwood Handbag
$45 at Aldo To Buy

I love a tribal-inspired piece because it gives you a bold and colorful palette to revolve the rest of your outfit around.  This handbag has all my summer favorite colors: red, turquoise and tan.  To add some contrast and brightness, I am going to incorporate a tropical yellow tee as my top.

Fleur Wide-Neck T-Shirt
$49 at Reiss To Buy

The critical component of any summer outfit is that it should be able to do double-duty.  It should be able to work with flip-flops or casual sandals as easily as it could a pair of heels.  The rest is fun.  Play with accessories within your color palette for bold pops of color.  Layer one or two pieces for a more refined polished look or multiples for a funky, eclectic ensemble.

Tribal Inspired Denim Cutt-off and Tee


No comments: