8.10.2011

Beauty Buys At The Wal: Eye Shadow

I think it has been well documented over the last year one place I am willing to save is on eye shadow.  And although there are a few eye shadows from the department store I can't imagine my beauty routine without, there are few from the drugstore I equally adore.

Covergirl Eye Enhancers 3-Shadow Kit in Dazzling Metallics
$3.99 at Walmart To Buy

In the palette this shadow looks intense but it is more subtle than it appears.  I generally start with my Bobbi Champagne Shimmer on the brow bone, wear either the gold or copper on my lid and crease, and finish with the black as a liner.  I have always been searching for a flattering gold shadow and I think this is the best I have found.  The copper also reminds me of a more expensive MAC shadow that I love.  Seeing how I am very fair and these shadows seem to flatter, if you have a darker complexion, these shadows were made for you.  For $4, this kit is worth taking a chance on if you want to dabble in bold shades that are actually quite flattering. 

Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow in Silver Fox
$6.99 at Walmart (N/A online)
But at drugstore.com Here

I enjoy this quad because of its versatility.  You can mix and match the colors depending on what look you are going for; more neutral with grey shading for depth or layer in the turquoise for a bold eye that is still sophisticated.  My favorite combo is the bottom grey on the lid with the purple in the crease.  The purple is my favorite shade because I have never really seen or worn anything like it.  I am just impressed with all the options you get for $7 and the 12-hour long-lasting guarantee really is true.

Of any beauty product you would buy at The Wal(s), I think eye shadow is your best bet.  It helps to know what colors already work for you and stay within that range.  But for less than $10, it doesn't hurt to take a few risks.

No comments: