8.09.2011

Beauty Buys At The Wal: Nails

I don't know why I find it necessary to buy bottles upon bottles of nail polish, but I do.  Most of what I own I use very infrequently except to take it to the salon every couple weeks.  But I can't help myself every time I see a colorful display and have stumbled upon a few polishes for less than $5 I find to be winners.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in Speedy Sunburst
$4.99 at Walgreens To Buy

One product I think every women should have in their make-up drawer is a fast-drying nail polish.  You never know when you might chip a nail or need to freshen up a pedicure in a flash.  Department stores just don't offer this product or a nail polish under $15 for that matter.


Sally Hansen Insta-Dri is my favorite quick drying nail polish because I love the brush.  The brush is cut to contour to your nail bed and make it so you can do your entire nail in one sweep.  Sally says you only need one coat which not only is a huge time saver but also stretches the life of your bottle.  And you don't need a base or top coat.  That Sally is a CC lady!

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in Sprint Mint
$4.99 at Walgreens To Buy

My two favorite colors are pictured above.  Sprint Mint is a jade green and Speedy Sunburst is a bright, bold reddish-pink.  What I love most is that each color is deep and glossy.  And it only takes one stroke for complete coverage and rich, vivid color.  You can get a professional look in less than 5 minutes for around $5.

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Set The Stage
So new!  It's not even available online
but I bought mine at The Wal(greens)
for $4

Glitter polish may make you think of being in junior high but it is all the rage in the beauty world right now.  Women of all ages are getting hooked on glitter after the success of Deborah Lippman's Glitter Nail Polish.  Now drugstore brands are getting in on the action creating glitter copycats such as Set The Stage seen above.  This color has been so popular The Wals can't even keep it on the shelf.  I can see why.  It looks great layered over color or on its own for a subtle sparkle.

Wet N Wild Party of Five Glitter Nail Polish
Not available online
but I bought mine at The Wal(greens) for $2
and it came with a top coat

Party of Five Glitters is totally the cheapskate version of the couture Lippman Happy Birthday.  But did you see the price tag?  Two dollars?  To be honest, I don't really care about the quality when I am saving $16 on glitter nail polish, that let's be real, will not be part of my daily nail wear.  And if you can reference one of my favorite tv shows in your title, I will probably buy you just on that alone.  Well done WnW.

For the record, the trick to glitter nail polish application is to place the glitter on the nail with the brush, not sweep.

Couture vs. Cheapskate: WnW Party of Five Glitters (left) vs.
Lippman Happy Birthday

How fab is it you can get 4 bottles of nail polish for less than what it costs to get a pedicure?  Now the trick is to figure out how to paint my right hand to be a total saver.  Or just pick-up a 99-cent bottle of nail polish remover while at The Wal to clean-up my mistakes.

CC Tip:  Buy one quick-drying nail polish like this Sally Hansen Beige Blast for when you don't have time for a full-blown manicure and need to have neat nails.

No comments: