10.27.2011

Cables and Zippers

I'm not the world's biggest J.Crew shopper.  Too expensive.  Too plain.

But every season I find a few pieces that I covet including this sweater:

Cambridge Cable Zip Crewneck Sweater
$78 at J.Crew  To Buy

I think it is obvious why I love this sweater.  Duh.  Zippers.

Besides the obvious, nothing really compares to a J.Crew sweater.  It feels so authentic and like the right thing to do.  A piece of Americana if you will.

This sweater is available in nine colors but my favorite is the vintage champagne pictured above.  The contrast of the soft cream against the metal zippers feels classic but edgy.  Perfect when paired with all the bottoms in your closet from colored pants to a printed pencil skirt.

Pictured in Pine Bough

I love this sweater with jeans as well.  I think the vintage champagne color, a distressed pair of jeans and the Sam Edelman "Beatrix" flats would be amazing.

When it comes to J.Crew, $78 for a sweater is actually a deal for a classic piece that will last you longer than some trendier items.

No comments: