11.12.2011

My Weekend Uniform: Metallic Knit Top

My favorite pieces to add to my wardrobe are the ones that are easy, comfortable and versatile.

If they are affordable...even better.

Like my H&M dress, this metallic knit top from Forever21 achieves all four.

Shimmery Metallic Raglan Top
$15.80 at Forever21  To Buy

No joke I have been able to wear this top three different ways for a weekend's worth of activities.  On Friday I went office to evening with my favorite black skirt, tights and new slouchy boots.  An easy gold necklace and my pave pyramid studs were all the jewelry this outfit needed for polish.

High-Waisted Banded Skirt
$59.90 at Express  To Buy

The rest of the weekend this metallic top was paired with denim.  On Saturday it was jeggings, the same slouchy boots and my sage canvas coat.  Equal parts comfy and polished.  For Sunday, I broke out my wide-leg denim, wedges and Friday's jewelry for dinner out with friends.  

As much as I love this top, I love this gloss from my weekend uniform too.

Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss in Papaya
$7.49 at Ulta  To Buy

This gloss pictures orange but is actually more pink.  A coral if you will.  The gloss is sheer and neutral enough to work with most skin types and wear year round.  Allegedly this gloss has a "micro-crystal formula" that packs extra shine.  I would say the shimmer is dewy and weightless.  Besides being a super-flattering gloss, I love that it has no scent.  I am intrigued to try more Revlon glosses.

So back to the sweater at hand...just to clarify , I did not actually wear this sweater three days in a row.  I did, however, wear the mentioned outfits on each day of the weekend over three separate weekends.

My Weekend Uniform: Metallic Sweater


Last, I will tell you I have seen versions of this sweater that cost way more and I really don't notice much difference in quality.  I definitely didn't notice any difference in versatility.  The color is neutral.  The metallic adds sophistication and the fabric is seasonless.

Although this top does not look like much in pictures, it is pretty awesome. Anything that looks expensive but is comfortable enough to wear all weekend is worth its weight in metallic shimmer gold.  Or at least $16.

CC Tip:  Neutral knits make for the best travel companions: comfortable, versatile and do not take up a lot of room in your traveler.  Hidden benefit?  No wrinkles!

No comments: