12.21.2011

Hollywood Holiday Glam

For those of you that know me, you know I am not a professional make-up artist, nor does my appearance allow me the opportunity to offer any expertise.

Here is what I can tell you...I try a lot of products and am therefore able to gauge when I receive a more positive response to what's on my face.

For example, when for some reason I decided I was going Hollywood Glam to the workplace.

Totally appropriate.  Totally necessary.

Hollywood Holiday Glam

  1. Apply matte beige shadow from eyebrow to lid crease.  I use MAC Vanilla Eye Shadow.
  2. On the lid, sweep Revlon perle "Sparkling Gold" Eye Shadow from lash line to just above crease.
  3. Line lashes using liquid liner such as L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Eyeliner in black.
  4. Apply 2 coats of your favorite dramatic mascara.  Mine?  Rimmel London The Max Volume Flash Bold Curves Mascara.
  5. Of course Bobbi Brown Blush in Pale Pink is part of this beauty equation.
  6. The glamorous next-level kicker is none other than Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Hollywood Red.
Seriously...this gloss is the most perfect red lip gloss.  It looks fabulous on all skin tones and is bright, but not  too over the top.  I love Bobbi lip glosses because of their texture and their lack of stickiness.  This shade is described as "bright candy red" which sounds perfect for the holidays, right?

As much as I love the gloss, the shadow is pretty fabulous for under $5 too. 

I recommend this look because it takes less than 10 minutes to achieve and is built using items you already own with just two affordable substitutions.  Such a festive and easy update for the holiday season.  If you can't go Hollywood Glam during the holidays, when can you go?

No comments: