1.13.2012

Deja Blue

Wow!  It has been a whole week since your resident fashion-obsessed, Beyonce-loving lunatic friend (me) has checked in.  And I think it is no surprise why I am here...Blue.

Welcome to the CC Sisterhood* Baby Blue!

Believe it or not, one of my favorite Beyonce fashion moments was when she wore this blue number in the "Deja Vu" video.



Note the pleated sleeves and thick black eyeliner.

In honor of Baby Blue, here are my favorite blue items:

Deja Blue

  1. Jessica Simpson Paillette Ruffle Hem Dress $79.99  I am watching for this dress to get marked down further...I love it.  Toddlers & Tiaras cupcake meets couture cocktail dress.
  2. Old Navy Waffle-Knit Tee $10  It is embarrassing how much I love these shirts and how often I wear them...not to mention how many days in a row.
  3. DVF "Drew" Bucket Leather Tote $545  Obsessed with that leather tassel.  Fingers crossed for a super sale.
  4. Express Striped High-Waist Banded Skirt $69.90  I have loved this skirt for some time despite it not flattering my body type and being pretty body-con for the office.  Another super-sale possibility. 
  5. RACHEL Rachel Roy Dusty Pendant Necklace $42  I am digging the found-at-a-folk-show feel of this necklace.
  6. Juicy Couture Chandelier Fringe Earring $68  They are huge but is there anything more elegant than a blue rhinestone?  You will have them forever.
  7. Nine West "Flax" $39.99  My favorite shoes!  So comfy.
  8. Halston Heritage Pleated Skirt $224.99  I can't get enough of the pleated midi skirt.  The color is insanely beautiful.
  9. Forever21 Suedette Platform Heels $24.80  I am still coveting these shoes.  For $25 I should just take the plunge as these will take me into Spring just fine.
  10. One of the best albums of all time...Weezer's  Blue Album.  To be more specific, #297 of all time if you ask Rolling Stone.
  11. Tinley Road Colorblock Bloussant Dress $69  This dress is stunning and so much more fancy than the price.  The high-to-low hemline is pretty amazing too.  Reminds me of Gucci.
All I can say is watch out Suri.  Not only will Blue be a fashion maven but she will have impeccable manners and probably an alter ego that loves the camera.

*For the record, there are 2 men who belong to the CC Crew: my husband and Dad, and I am not even sure their membership is voluntary.


No comments: