2.12.2012

CC Stands for Cupid's Choices

Valentine's Day reminds me of Christmas but with a much more appealing color scheme of red and pink.

Color palette reference -- Image

Valentine's Day gift-giving has evolved from flowers and chocolates to a full-blown shopping event that encompasses all categories.  What I appreciate about V-Day-themed gifts is they usually are somewhat indulgent but at more affordable prices than their fancier Christmas counterparts.  For under $50 you can treat yourself to something fab because let's face it, we work hard and deserve a little loving now and then.

Here is what I hope Cupid (aka me) delivers to my door:

CC Stands for Cupid's Choices



  1. Old Navy Dolman Striped Shirt $19.50 So cute for Spring!
  2. Arden B. Ornate Beaded Statement Necklace $44  Totally looks like a couture piece straight off the runway.  For sure on my wish list.
  3. Magnolia Bakery Valentine's Day Cupcakes $21 for 6 Is it pathetic this is the only thing I really want?
  4. Big Buddha Bordeaux Shoulder Bag $90  So Chanel.
  5. Banana Republic Pink Stone Stackable Ring $35 Pink stones and gold metal are my fave.
  6. J.Crew Pleated Jardin Skirt in Heart Throb $128  I adore this skirt.  It might be heart print but has long-term potential.  A must own when on sale.
  7. OPI "Gettin' Miss Piggy With It" $9  Will be on my toes come Tuesday.
  8. Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in "Hollywood Red" $23  A long-time favorite.
  9. Marc by Marc Jacobs Pave Heart Stud Earrings $35  Red hearts rule.
  10. Moschino Cheap & Chic Flat $395  Super splurge!  I couldn't resist mentioning because they are so adorable albeit very festive.
  11. Kate Spade "Eat Cake For Breakfast" Gia Pouch $78  My personal philosophy.
What I love most about this set is somehow all the pieces work together.  Although they read "Valentine's Day" when grouped together, each piece could work into your wardrobe without being too holiday.  Minus the cupcakes...they will go bad eventually.

Two other items worth mentioning:

Valentine Pad-Printed Bowls
$8 each at West Elm To Buy

These bowls are the sweetest things ever.  Even after February 14th has come and gone, these bowls will still make your day.  I envision a big bowl of ice cream as the appropriate filler.

A Dozen Roses "Electron" Eau de Parfum Spray
$95  To Buy

This fragrance is so unique.  You might think it to be floral or sweet but it is actually more fresh and clean.  I mean, per the description, it is supercharged with neon musk and how awesome does that sound?  Definitely a contender for my next fragrance buy for Spring.

So I say, indulge away.   You have worked hard this year and you deserve a loving treat from you to you.  Even if you think Valentine's Day is a made-up holiday, everyone likes a treat.

No comments: