2.01.2012

Look On The Bright Side

Bright accessories make me happy.  They add fun to my otherwise boring outfits (read: all black and jeans) especially when the winter doldrums set in.  Another reason to smile is that they work exceptionally well into your warm weather wardrobe.

Here are three pieces catching my eye:

Simply Vera Vera Wang Flats
$59.99 at Kohl's  To Buy

Color-capped shoes are emerging on the scene but I have not seen a colorblocked pair besides these yet.  I love the sporty feel of these flats.  They sort of remind me of a wetsuit or scuba gear...which believe it or not is a trend this Spring.  I think they would be perfection with a black knit dress and tights for winter.  Orange is the color of the year too!

Mini-Messenger Bag
$16 at Old Navy  To Buy

I cannot find this bag at any store but I think it would be a worthwhile risk to order online.  I have seen this bag featured all over the place mainly because it resembles the much more expensive Fluorescent Satchel from The Cambridge Satchel Company.  I love bags this size for running errands when I don't feel like lugging my everyday purse around or taking on a trip in my carry-on.  Plus, a little pop of sunshine makes any basic outfit more fun.

Neon Aztec Tribal Scarf
$9.50 at Charlotte Russe  To Buy

By now it should be a no brainer why this scarf is on my radar.  I love a good bargain almost as much as I love scarves but not nearly as much as I love neon...or ikat.  Good thing this scarf is all four rolled into one.  This scarf with a pair of jeans and t-shirt is perfect with a pair of boots and fun earrings.  Easy piece to add style for an exceptional price.  I live for this type of purchase.

So while warm weather feels ages away, a bright accessory can give your wardrobe (and spirit) just the lift you need this time of year.


No comments: