5.30.2013

Summer Pool Days

The summer is upon us and one of my most favorite summer past times is hanging by the pool.


First things first, who doesn't hate swimsuit shopping?  This year I committed to the one-piece and I was quite happy with this option from Old Navy.  I didn't realize the "control max" meant Spanx-like but I can't say I minded.  It was just a little hard to get on the first few times but I did appreciate the extra suction.  The hot pink color and retro-inspired cut make this conservative silhouette more fun.  It is also nice to be able to move around more freely and not worry about losing your suit.  Holla one-piece!


It may be hard to see but this tunic from H&M is the perfect swimsuit cover-up.  The price is right and there is a color option for every swimsuit.  I personally own the zebra print.  The lightweight fabric is ideal for poolside lounging and beating the heat.  Such an easy, comfy piece as all cover-ups should be.

Neon Woven Hat + Old Navy Swimsuit

To complete my swimsuit look, a wide-brimmed hat (which is much cuter in-person) and of course a fancy beach bag.  I would never wear jewelry to the pool but this beaded tassel necklace from LOFT is just too perfect to not include.  I am also on the hunt for these super affordable flip-flops from Forever 21.  


After a hot day at the pool, is there anything more refreshing than a good old wipe down of the sweat and chlorine that has accumulated on your face?  These towelettes are my new favorite. They are designed to cleanse and exfoliate leaving skin bright and fresh.  The scent is also refreshing.  Very necessary when I am over here sweating in my one-piece.

So I am ready for the pool!  Now I just need a day off and some sunshine.

CCTip:  Target has many cute and affordable hats perfect for shading your face from the sun.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: