8.27.2013

Animal Print Classic

Animal print is classic and a must-have in any wardrobe.


Sweatshirt Chic from GAP.

Animal print apparel may feel too wild for some, so a pair of comfy flats is the perfect way to ease into the jungle.  I am feeling ballet flats more than usual this season because of their slipper-like quality.  Ballet flats are the perfect footwear for leggings, skinny jeans and the chic sweats showing up everywhere this season.  A pair in animal print makes your outfit instantly more fashion forward and sophisticated.  Easy breezy.


This top is part of my personal collection.  The price is insane especially because the top doesn't look cheap. I know I have previously ended my relationship with peplums but they are just so flattering.  I tried this shirt on with black shorts the day I bought it and I loved how cute and comfortable my outfit became.  I also think this top will be perfect with a black pencil skirt when I don't feel like putting much effort into what to wear to work.


I saw a dress by MNG by Mango in this same print and style at jcpenney however I cannot find it online. This is basically the same dress but directly from MANGO.  According to my People StyleWatch September issue, the long-sleeve sheath is an official trend.  I can't imagine a better way to rock this trend then a long-sleeve sheath in a funky animal print.  Beyond.  With a pair of rock star black booties?  Double beyond. You can wear this particular dress four seasons and for $40, that's a complete bargain.

This is why animal print is a classic.  Besides being a neutral color palette, you can decide how conservative or wild you want to go based on your personal style.

No comments: